– I authorize iFix Electronics & it’s affiliates to perform repair work on my electronic device. I understand that iFix Electronics or it’s affiliates are to perform repair work on electronic devices but are not authorized service dealers or providers. Further, I agree to release, indemnify, and hold iFix Electronics and it’s affiliates from liability for any claims or damages of any kind or description that may arise from any repair work performed on my electronic device, unless it is caused by severe negligence on their behalf.
– For most computers and phones, there will be no quotation fee. If a device requires detailed disassembly, you will be charged a minimum of $30. This cost can be subtracted from the final cost of the repair, should you choose to go ahead. This amount is not refundable. Devices such as a Laptops, Printers, All-In-One Desktops, Home Entertainment equipment, etc are among the devices that will incur a Quote Fee.
– In the event of shock to your device, microscopic fractures can occur that can cause issues with your device. In some cases when these fractures are present, and the mounting screws are removed, the fractures do not make connection when the device is reassembled. You agree that iFix Electronics is not liable if fractures have occurred inside your device, which causes your device not to function in some way, even if such things were functional prior to disassembly.
– In the event of Water Damage, the recovery time can vary depending on the device, and the extent of the damage. All parts that are replaced with new parts supplied by us, will be covered by the warranty period indicated on the final job sheet. This warranty period does not cover any main internals, or any parts that have not been replaced with new parts. Although our process is extremely effective, in some cases, progressive damage can occur over time, in places that cannot be seen. iFix Electronics is not responsible if your device does not function in some way, or at all, after water damage recovery. You agree that you will still pay the fee for the recovery, even if it is not successful. You are not obligated to purchase any new parts, unless payment has already been made. Water damage recovery will take a minimum of 24 hours, but in some cases, can take over a week. This is device/situation specific, and cannot be predicted. In some cases, displacing water damage can cause the device not to function in some way (Sometimes, the water’s impurities is the only thing holding a circuit together), in such cases, you agree that iFix Electronics is not liable.
– Virus Removal can take a number of days. iFix Electronics is not liable if your device becomes infected with a virus after a virus removal, or full clean-up. We cannot future proof your computer (or stop others in the house from using it). This is the case regardless of what antivirus software you use.
– All Jobs must be collected within 30 days of completion, unless prior arrangement has been made. Jobs that are not collected in this period may be deemed as “Uncollected Goods” (Uncollected Goods Act 1995), and/or may incur a storage fee. Uncollected Goods may be sold/disposed of after the required time has elapsed, in accordance with “Australia Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012” (*Sections 60, 61, 62) & Uncollected Goods Act 1995.
– iFix Electronics does not offer any form of credit. Your device(s) will not leave the store unless payment has been received in full. In the event of bank reversal, or other payment complications, you will be obligated to pay iFix Electronics the full amount plus any fees incurred immediately in most cases. Cheques will not be accepted unless prior arrangement has been made. NO Personal cheques will be accepted.
– When a device is handed over DOA (No Picture, Flat Battery, Not turning on, or has a serious fault), the device cannot be fully tested until after the repair has been completed. iFix Electronics will not be liable if any function of the device does not work partially, or in whole. This means if your device does not turn on upon arrival to our store, and after we repair it, the sound does not work, the issue would NOT be warranty. The same policy applies to anything we could not fully test at the time of the Service Booking (including things that could not be tested because the customer had not supplied passwords and/or has supplied incorrect details).
– Most types of glass are held in place by double sided adhesive. Should the glass/screen lift/detach in any way, please return it to us straight away. We will not cover warranty on a screen that is in some way broken, even if the break occurred after the screen started lifting. If the devices frame is warped/bent/twisted etc. We will do our very best to reshape the frame to get the glass/screen to sit flush. If the screen is not 100% flush because the frame is slightly or severely bent or twisted, you agree that this is not a warranty issue, and that replacing the frame of your device is the only way to get it 100% straight. iFix Electronics will not be held liable if your screen is lifting due to a bent frame
– If parts need to be ordered, the repair time can vary. We do not have control over postage delays that prevent a job from being completed. If anything should be lost in transit, we will attempt to order it again. Special order items may require a deposit. Deposits are not refundable.
– I understand that iFix Electronics or it’s affiliates are not responsible for any data loss, which may occur as a result of work done on any electronic device. I also understand that I have the option to, and I am responsible for backing up the data on my device before allowing any repair to be performed. In the event of any data loss and hardware or software failure I do not hold iFix Electronics or its affiliates responsible.
– I understand if I am having a part replaced inside my device, that if my screen or any glass/plastic components on or in my phone are damaged, that this will affect the strength of these parts & my device. These parts may damage further as a course of the repair and necessary force applied by the technician. I do not hold iFix Electronics or it’s affiliates liable if these parts are further damaged then what they were when I handed the device over for repair because their structural integrity was already compromised and the force applied was necessary in order to complete the repair that I requested.
– I understand that iFix Electronics & it’s affilaites will not browse through any personal, private or confidential information or data; however, technicians may inadvertently see data during the course of their work. I understand that any confidential data should be removed from the device prior to having repair work performed.
– I acknowledge the device i am handing in for repair is my device & not stolen property. I accept all responsiblity for the history of this device. If your device is found to be stolen, i accept that i may not receive it back.
– I understand that repairs or technical support performed by iFix Electronics or its affiliates may void manufacturer warranties, especially in the case of iOS device repairs. iFix Electronics and its affiliates do not assume any liability or warranty in the event that the manufacturer warranties are voided but may, at their own sole discretion, offer their own warranty on the parts and/or services performed. Warranty offered by iFix Electronics or it’s affiliates will be void if you smash, damage, break, crack or water damage your device. If your device has been water damaged prior to repair then it will not be offered warranty. I understand
that being a water damaged device that its reliability is already compromised.
– Manufacturer’s Warranty may be VOID upon opening a device. You accept that iFix Electronics may break a Warranty seal upon opening your device. It is the customer’s responsibility to determine if the device is currently under some form of warranty. If you are unsure, please determine this before we start any repairs. Warranty is VOID if your device is opened, or serviced, by anyone other than iFix Electronics. Warranty is VOID if your device sustains any form of damage after leaving store. NO Warranty is supplied for parts that were not supplied by iFix Electronics. iFix Electronics is not responsible if your device fails in any way in our store or after if has left, unless the part that failed was supplied by us, and is under warranty. “My warranty has expired, but a part that was replaced stopped working within the warranty period. I just haven’t had time to bring it in” – We apologise, but if this sounds like you, once the warranty has expired, it has expired. We cannot cover warranty for a device that “was” in its Warranty period. If your device fails, and you believe it may be covered by Warranty, you MUST return it within that period. There will be no exceptions.
These terms and conditions can change at any time, without notice.
By leaving your goods, you agree to the above terms and conditions, if you do not agree to the above terms your job will not be accepted.